I wish everyone was this happy

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Transgender Kids



The video shown is just the first part of the documentary, they other 5 parts are on YouTube. This documentary follows children who identify themselves as the opposite sex of what they were born. The transgender topic has always intrigued me because many people in society today still believe that people of the LGBT community choose to be different. This documentary dispels many of those rumors. I have always believed that most LGBT do not choose who they are, they are born that way. But I am also quite realistic to the fact that there are a percentage of people who choose to be lesbian, gay or bisexual because of unsuccessful relationships. This trend is unfortunate because it is causing people to portray "true" members of the LGBT community as impostors (I say true for lack of better terms). I thought this documentary was very informative and authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment